Here at Sunless Solutions we often get asked, what advise do you have so i can get the perfect spray tan, so we have decided to put together a list of the top tips to get the perfect tan.
- Avoid using deodorant before your spray tan appointment as it will provide a barrier to the spray tan’s absorption and will also leave your arm pits green
- Exfoliate 24 hours before your tan
- Moisturise you skin up to (but not on the day of your tan) paying particular attention to dry areas such as knees, elbows and feet
- Where possible always shave/wax24 hours prior to your spray tan treatment. Hair removal after a spray tan will remove the tan.
- Do NOT apply moisturise prior to having your spray tan as it will prevent a barrier and interrupt the absorption of the spray tan
- Do not get wet 1-2 hours after a spray tan. So if its raining on the day of your appointment, make sure you bring a large enough umbrella to cover you.
- When possible, try to wear dark, loose clothing to and from your spray tan avoid rubbing of staining to light colour clothes
- Avoid all activities that will cause excessive perspiration for at least 12 hours after a spray tan, even if you have washed you tan off after 2 hours.
- Try to avoid activities that naturally exfoliate the skin — such as baths and chlorinated pool swimming — for at least 12 hours after your spray tan
- If you are going on holiday we suggest using a tan extender to prolong the life of your Sunless tan
- Your tan professional will tell you when you can shower depending on the level of color depth and your skin requirements, but when you do shower, avoid using soap and shower only with warm (not hot) water to wash off the excess tan color.
- Keep your skin as moisturized as possible after your spray tan to increase the longevity of the tan and help you to avoid the tan wearing off in patches due to dry skin
- Ensure you fully exfoliate and prep your skin before you next Sunless Tan.
We hope these help you to achieve your perfect Spray Tan