I am 44 years of age. Live in Melksham, Wiltshire, UK. Single with two grown up boys. Enjoy dog walking, crafts, music and time with family & friends. My life my passion is just to teach. I work far too hard but play just as hard. One other passion apart from the industry I work in Scuba diving the more daring the better I am currently qualified to dive up to 126ft.
During my time in the industry I have been fortunate to work and teach for some of the industry leaders Creative Nail Design, Nail Harmony, Entity, Sudo, Glam Lash, Michelle Porter, Sunless Solutions, Louella Belle, Artisitic and 3D Brows. I have since done so many exciting things I would never have had the opportunity to do like working at The Hard Rock Festival, The Clothes Show, many trade shows & many educational events including flying out to Holland and LA.
- Passion | I live sleep breathe and believe in the industry I work in, I convey this passion to everyone I teach.
- Substance and Knowledge | I ensure I know the subject I am teaching inside out. I keep up to date with all the latest industry news and attend as much training that is offered to me. I can only help improve my students by improving myself. A good educator will share their knowledge freely.
- Listen, talk & respond | Each student is an individual and needs to be treated as such, we cannot teach one student as we would teach another as each student has different learning needs and abilities. By listening and talking to our students we can respond in a positive manner and make the learning environment a happy and enjoyable experience.
- Be Creative & Flexible | We always have a scheme of work which needs to achieved for students to competent in the subject they are learning, however schemes of work are not strict guide lines and can be taught slightly out of order as long as we achieve the end result needed. Being flexible and creative with your teaching will always bring out the best of your students.
- Humour | My style of teaching is fun and engaging, whilst I was at college I had tutors who bored me silly, this is not my style I try to bring fun into the learning environment. Even telling true and funny stories about myself and what has happened to me during my time in the industry. Telling students things I had done wrong in the past and the consequences, after all we learn as much from what we have done wrong as from what we do right. Students also find that you are human and more approachable with this style of teaching.